FNE grants presented in Opole Voivodeship
On 29 February of this year, FNE grants were awarded to the winners of the 6th edition of the Fund for Natural Energy competition in the Opole Voivodeship. The grant competition is organized by GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. in partnership with Our Earth Foundation and under the patronage of the Opole Voivode and the Voivodeship Fund for the Protection of Environment and Water Management in Opole.
Once again co-financing was granted to projects dedicated to wildlife protection in the region, the implementation of which will help to raise environmental awareness in local communities and promote pro-environmental behaviours in everyday life.
Eleven applications were submitted as part of this year’s edition in the Opole Voivodeship, from among which the Competition Jury selected and awarded 5 projects with grants:
- “Lanie wody wyszło z mody” (a project dedicated to saving water) - submitted by Gustaw Morcinek’s Public School in Gnojna,
- “Ratowanie lokalnego środowiska naturalnego poprzez doposażenie jednostki Ochotniczej Straży Pożarnej w sprzęt ratowniczy” - (a project dedicated to saving the local natural environment by providing extra firefighting equipment) submitted by the Fire Brigade in Źlinice – Boguszyce,
- “Leśne Centrum Edukacyjne” (a project of a forest educational center) - submitted by Stowarzyszenie Odnowy Wsi Spórok,
- “Laboratorium kreatywności. Bioróżnorodność - nasza przyroda, nasza przygoda” - (a project dedicated to biodiversity) submitted by Jan Dzierżoń’s Public School No 1 in Kluczbork,
- “W poszukiwaniu Gwiazdosza Czarnogłowego” (a project dedicated to Geastrum melanocephalum mushroom) submitted by the Cultural Center in Strzelce Opolskie.
The gala was held at the Opole Voivodeship Office in the Coat of Arms’ room. Cheques and diplomas were presented by Małgorzata Oleksiewicz, who represented the Fund for the Protection of Environment and Water Management in Opole, Marian Szafarski, Deputy Director of the GAZ-SYSTEM S.A branch in Świerklany and Aleksander Ciwis-Dronszczyk, Coordinator at the Corporate Communications Department.
More information about the competition can be found here. Photo coverage presented below:
Gas Transmission Operator GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. is a strategic company for the Polish economy, responsible for the transmission of natural gas and the management of the most important gas pipelines in Poland. GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. is also the owner of Polskie LNG S.A., a company established to build the Świnoujście LNG terminal.
As part of its 2015-2025 investment scheme, GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. is planning to build over 2,000 km of new gas lines in western, southern and eastern Poland. Further expansion of the domestic transmission system, including construction of new gas pipelines being part of the North-South Gas Corridor, as well as construction of interconnections with Lithuania, Slovakia and the Czech Republic, will enhance Poland’s energy security and contribute considerably to the development of the European transmission system.
In 2009-2015, GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. completed an investment plan consisting in the construction of over 1,200 km of new gas transmission lines in north-western and central Poland. The projects implemented by the company and the physical and virtual reversal on the Yamal pipeline have translated into a significant increase in technical import opportunities on routes other than from the East.