Description of the investment
In September 2011, Włocławek-Gdynia gas pipeline, which is 252 km in lenght, was started up.
The construction 62.3 km of the Gniew-Wiczlino section finalized the whole project and allows to use of the Włocławek-Gdynia gas pipeline. It is a highly significant investment for the region and the entities conducting their business in the pomorskie voivodship.
- Legal grounds of investment (Polish version): Act of 24 April 2009 on investments in the scope of LNG Regasification Terminal in Świnoujście (Journal of Laws of 2009, No. 84, item 700, as amended).
Route of the investment for Gniew-Wiczlino section
- pomorskie voivodship - municipalities: Gniew, Pelplin, Tczew, Żukowo, Szemud and in the City of Gdynia.
- The Włocławek-Gdynia gas pipeline will ensure security of supplies to pomorskie voivodship and will extend its off-take directions. The investment will also have an effect on the unification of technical specifications of the transmission network from the Gustorzyn hub to the Gdańsk region and the planned Kosakowo Underground Gas Storage.
Communes which have a gas pipeline running through their territory at Polish side, obtain additional funding in the form of a property tax paid annually by the investor in the amount of 2% of the investment value located in the given commune. This is a sum that regularly contribute to the commune's budget and that can be allocated for the needs of the residents and local communities.
Investment costs of the Gniew-Wiczlino section
- cost of the investment: 118.5 MM PLN
- co-financing from OPI&E: 19.4 MM PLN
Project co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Found.