Szczecin-Gdańsk gas pipeline
Description of the investment
The aim of the project was the construction of the Szczecin-Gdańsk gas pipeline which is 700 mm in diameter and 267 km in length, located in the area of zachodniopomorskie and pomorskie voivodships.
Between 2012 and 2015, four stages of the construction of the Szczecin-Gdańsk high pressure gas pipeline were finalized. A permission was granted for the exploitation of all stages:
- the first stage covering the Płoty-Karlino (64 km) - in November 2014
- the second stage covering the Karlino-Koszalin (19,5 km) - in February 2015
- the third stage covering the Koszalin-Słupsk (69 km) - in March 2015
- the fourth stage covering the Słupsk-Wiczlino (114,5 km) along with Reszki gas hub - in July 2015
Legal grounds of investment (Polish version): Act of 24 April 2009 on investments in the scope of LNG Regasification Terminal in Świnoujście (Journal of Laws of 2009, No. 84, item 700, as amended).
Route of the gas pipeline
- zachodniopomorskie voivodship - municipalities: Płoty, Rymań, Gościno, Sławoborze, Karlino, Biesiekierz, Miasto Koszalin, Sianów, Malechowo, Miasto Sławno, Sławno, Postomino,
- pomorskie voivodship - municipalities: Słupsk, miasto Słupsk, Kobylnica, Damnica, Główczyce, Nowa Wieś Lęborska, Łęczyce, Luzino I Wejherowo.
- the creation of favourable conditions for the development of gas infrastructure in Northern Poland, whose development, due to insufficient transmission system capacity that does not satisfy the current demand, has been hampered,
- securing uninterrupted gas supplies to Customers at changeable conditions of gas supplies at entry points (import, Underground Gas Storages), long-lasting cold weather spells, temporary restrictions in imported gas supplies (from Belarus, Ukraine).
Communes which have a gas pipeline running through their territory will obtain additional funding in the form of a property tax paid annually by the investor in the amount of 2% of the investment value located in the given Commune. This will be a sum that will regularly contribute to the Commune's budget and that can be allocated for the needs of the residents and local communities.
- estimated investment value: 784.70 MM PLN
- co-financing from OPI&E: 186.22 MM PLN
Information about compensations
- Zachodniopomorskie Voivodship Office
tel. + 48 91 4303 671
- Pomorskie Voivodship Offic
tel. + 48 58 30 77 616,
- GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. Branch in Poznań
Mr Gerard Jankowski
firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. + 48 61 854 44 89
- GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. Branch in Gdańsk
Mr Kamil Sielicki
email@example.com , tel. + 48 58 744 55 36
Project co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Found.