Świnoujście-Szczecin gas pipeline
Description of the investment
The aim of the project was the construction of the Świnoujście - Szczecin gas pipeline which is 800 mm in diameter and 80 km in length. The gas pipeline will cross five communes of the zachodniopomorskie voivodship: Świnoujście, Międzyzdroje, Wolin, Stępnica and Goleniów, connecting the LNG Terminal in Świnoujście with the Polish transmission system in the Goleniów region.
The investment is connected with the arising liquefied natural gas (LNG) regasification terminal in Świnoujście, and also constitutes an element of the development of the cross-border transmission infrastructure in the Baltic Sea region (Baltic Interconnection).
On June 2014, The Governor of the Zachodniopomorskie Voivodeship issued a decision on granting a permit to use the high-pressure transmission gas pipeline at the section from Świnoujście to Szczecin.
- Legal grounds of investment (Polish version): Act of 24 April 2009 on investments in the scope of LNG Regasification Terminal in Świnoujście (Journal of Laws of 2009, No. 84, item 700, as amended).
Route of the gas pileline
- significant element in the development of cross-border transmission infrastructure in the Baltic Sea region,
- efficient gas transmission to customers in Poland and in neighbouring countries, including to markets in Denmark and Sweden, after the planned connection of the Polish transmission system with the Danish system via the Baltic Pipe gas pipeline,
- improvement of gas transmission security in the northwestern part of the country,
- increasing the energy security of Poland and of other countries in the region.
Communes which have a gas pipeline running through their territory will obtain additional funding in the form of a property tax paid annually by the investor in the amount of 2% of the investment value located in the given Commune. This will be a sum that will regularly contribute to the Commune's budget and that can be allocated for the needs of the residents and local communities.
- estimated investment value: 85.76 MM EUR
- co-financing from EEPR: 50.00 MM EUR
Read more about the co-financing the project from European Energy Programme for Recovery.
Information about compensations
- Zachodniopomorskie Voivodship Office
phone: + 48 91 4303 671
- GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
Mr Gerard Jankowski
email@example.com; phone: + 48 61 854 44 89
GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. shall be solely and exclusively responsible for the content of the publication. The European Union shall not be liable for any possible use of the information contained in this publication.