Poland-Slovakia gas pipeline
Description of the investment
The aim of the project is the construction of a new cross-border gas pipeline which will connect the natural gas transmission systems of Poland and Slovakia. The Parties to the project are GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. and Eustream - the Slovakian transmission system operator. The project is presently on the pre-investment stage.
Entering into cooperation with the Slovakian transmission system operator constitutes one of the elements of the strategy fulfilled by GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. in the scope of the Company's active participation in creating an integrated gas network in Central Europe.
Construction of the gas connection between Poland and Slovakia (perspective after 2016) will constitute a significant element of the concept of building the regional North-South Gas Corridor and fulfilling several important functions, including:
- increasing the possibilities for covering the gas demand of domestic customers by creating new modes of transport and new gas sources;
- securing gas supplies in crisis situations and in the situation of reduced possibilities of supplies from the side of the Ukraine,
- bringing gas to the southeastern part of Poland, which possesses a developed gas transmission system and storage facilities,
- export of gas from Poland based on supplies from the LNG terminal in Świnoujście, and in the future, the possibility of gas obtained from unconventional deposits.
Investment cost including works subject to funding:
- estimated value (studies): EUR 420 000
- funding under the TEN-E Programme (for both companies): EUR 210 000.
Project of Common Interest
In October 2013, the European Commission granted the status of the Project of Common Interest to the project. More information about the meaning of PCI status for the development of the gas transmission infrastructure is presented here and in the brochure on PCI projects. Subject to meeting additional requirments, the project might also be eligible for the EU funding under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF), which will apply under the European Union financial perspective 2014-2020.
GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. carries out the Poland - Slovakia gas pipeline project without prejudice to rights of all stakeholders. Please, submit your notes, comments and questions concerning the Poland - Slovakia gas pipeline project, which is the Project of Common Interest, via this form.
Environmental permit issued for the Compressor Station Strachocina
On 23 September 2016, the Regional Director for the Environmental Protection in Rzeszow issued an environmental permit for the Strachocina Compressor Station within a project titled “Construction of a Strachocina – Border PL/SK gas pipeline DN 1000, L = 58 km, together with the necessary supporting infrastructure of the node and metering Station Strachocina and Strachocina Compressor Station required for its operation on the territory of Podkarpackie and Małopolskie Voivodeships” (decision no. WOOŚ.4203.8.2016.AH.30).