North-South Gas Corridor
Description of the project
The North-South Gas Corridor connects the LNG Terminal in Świnoujście with the Baltic Pipe, through central Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary with the proposed Adria LNG terminal in Croatia.
The Corridor is comprised of many bi-directional inter-system gas connections and domestic gas pipelines that are already in place, or are still on various stages of the planning or construction process.
Gas Corridor roadmap
- increasing the integration of regional gas markets,
- increasing security of supplies,
- enabling access to new sources of supply (LNG, Norway) for Eastern Europe,
- coordination of regional infrastructure projects,
- the harmonisation/unification of principles that are valid and binding on the market,
- enabling the implementation of regional prevention and emergency procedures in crises situations.