The activity of Gas Transmission Operator GAZ – SYSTEM S.A. is regulated by a number of legislative acts, including in particular:
- Energy Law of 10 April 1997 (consolidated text: Dz. U. 2017, item 220, as amended),
- The Regulation of the Minster of Economy of 28 Ferbuary 2013 concerning detailed principles of tariff design and calculation, and settlements in gas trade (Dz. U. 2013, item 820),
- The Regulation of the Minister of Economy of 2 July 2010, on detailed conditions of gas system operations ( consolidated text: Dz. U. 2014, item 1059 ),
- The Regulation of the Minister of Economy of 26 April 2013 concerning the technical conditions to be met by gas networks (Dz. U. 2013, item 640),
- Construction Law of 7 July 1994 (consolidated text: Dz. U. 2016, item 290, as amended),
- The Act of 16 February 2007 on oil, oil products and natural gas reserves and the procedures in case of a threat to the national security of supply and disturbances in the oil market (Dz.U. 2016 item 1899),
- The Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 19 September 2007 on the method and procedure of introducing restrictions in the uptake of natural gas (Dz. U. no. 178, item 1252).
A comprehensive set of rules governing the use of the gas pipeline network is established by the Transmission Network Code (TNC).