BSM Access Rules
The Balancing Services Market (BSM) may be participated in only by those Shippers who have signed a separate contract governing their participation in the Balancing Services Market and have obtained a transmission ability allocation (PZ) for the Transmission System Operator’s (TSO) virtual entry and exit points (WPWEOSP and WPWYOSP).
The following needs to be done in order to conclude a Balancing Service Market participation contract:
- Application for the conclusion of the Balancing Services Market participation contract needs to be filled out, signed and submitted, along with its editable version, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Balancing Services Market Participation contract, as received from GAZ-SYSTEM S.A., needs to be signed and submitted, along with all exhibits thereto, to the following address:
National Gas Dispatching Division
Gas Transmission Operator GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
ul. Mszczonowska 4
- Decision needs to be made on the invoice form preferred (electronic or traditional, sent by mail).
- When the balancing market participation agreement has been signed, the Shipper shall obtain the transmission ability at a virtual entry and exit point for the transaction with the TSO (WPWEOSP and WPWYOSP) for the duration of agreement on participation in the balancing services market.
The system services are rendered through the submission of relevant (re)nominations that are subject to the regular approval procedure. GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. relies on the gas quantities proposed in the bids to physically balance the transmission system at specific physical locations, or stabilizes the operation of the system by withdrawing the required amounts of gas or providing them to users at a virtual point, within the framework of the standard balancing services priced at the current market values.
The Balancing Services Market bids:
- Are placed electronically
- Contain the numbers of packages per the specific hours of the 24-hour period the bid relates to
- One package is made up of 1 MWh
- Have the same price for all hours covered by the bid
- Are accepted by GAZ-SYSTEM based on the following criteria:
- type of service, depending on the system’s needs,price,
- by the type of service,
- in the case of equivalent bids, are used proportionally to the number of bids for a given product and price.
The transmission ability allocation (PZ) at the virtual entry point (WPWEOSP) allows for the placement of following system service bids:
1. WP (clause 188.8.131.52 TNC) - off-take of gas fuel by URB at the virtual entry point - WPWEOSP,
2. LP (clause 184.108.40.206. TNC) – off-take of gas fuel by URB at the exit point (PWY) with the relevant PP/PZ for a given point,
3. LZ (clause 220.127.116.11 TNC)- reduction of gas fuel delivery at the entry point (PWE) with the relevant PP/PZ for a given point.
The transmission ability allocation (PZ) at the virtual exit point (WPWYOSP), in turn, allows to submit bids for the system services of the following codes:
1. WD (clause 18.104.22.168 TNC) – delivery of gas fuel to GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. at the virtual exit point - WPWYOSP,
2. LD (clause 22.214.171.124. TNC) - delivery of gas fuel to GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. at the entry point - PWE, with the relevant PP/PZ for a given point.