The capacity allocation through an auction
Information about capacoty allocation procedure in Transit Gas Pipeline System (TGPS) are available here.
The capacity allocation through an auction is regulated in point 7.4 of actual TNC.
The participation in the auction shall be anonymous, and in the course of the auction, the identity of the Auction Participant shall be known exclusively to the OSP.
Products offered within auctions at physical entry and exit points at interconnections with transmission systems of neighbouring countries (FPWEOSP and FPWYOSP) in national transmission system:
Ascending clock auctions:
- Yearly products, for the next gas year (provided the capacity isn't offered as a bundled product) auction is held on the first Monday of March (firm products) and first Monday of April (interruptible products) every year.
- Quarterly products, for a quarter in the gas year following the gas year when the capacity is allocated, auction is held for four quarterly products for the following gas year on the first Monday of June (firm products) and first Monday of July (interruptible products) every year.
- Monthly products, for a gas month following the month when the capacity is allocated, auction is held on the third Monday (firm products) and fourth Monday (interruptible products) every month.
- Daily products, for a gas day following the day when the capacity is allocated, auctions take place every day at 16:30 (firm products) and 17:30 (interruptible products). The duration of each bidding round shall be 30 minutes as of the opening of the bidding round.
- Within-day products, for the period from the given hour in the gas day to the end of the gas day (available only on a firm basis), auctions take place every day from 19:00. During the first bidding round (which is held from 19:00 to 2:30) a product from 6:00-6:00 for D+1 is offered. Subsequent bidding rounds shall have a duration of 0,5 hour and shall open at the start of every hour on the relevant gas day.
All auctions take place in the above-mentioned dates, unless otherwise provided in the Auction calendar.
Each auction begins at 9:00 and lasts until 18:00. The first bidding round (R1) shall have a duration of three (3) hours; the next rounds (Rn) shall last one (1) hour each. There shall be breaks between the rounds that shall each time last one (1) hour.
The first bidding round (R1) shall be held on tariff price (reserve price). In the event when, in the process of capacity allocation through an auction it is necessary to use an auction mechanisms, including price steps (in an ascending auction or a uniform-price auction), i.e. in case when the demand for capacity exceeds the capacity offered in the auction, the TSO shall charge an auction margin in the amount established upon the completion of the respective
auction procedure. In order to shorten the duration of auction process TSO defines a large price step and small price step (which is 20% of large prices step).
The participation in the auction shall be anonymous, and in the course of the auction the identity of the auction participant shall be known exclusively to the TSO.
In the case when free capacity remains available at a given point after the
completion of an auction for a given product, the OSP shall offer this free capacity in the next auction for the product of the shorter period of binding.
Only Auction Participants may submit their bids (applications) in the auction.
The bid may be made, changed or withdrawn until the end of bidding round (considered binding is the last bid on the end of round of bidding).
In the bid, the Auction Participant shall stipulate the following:
- identity of the Auction Participant (anonymous for the other auction participants),
- entry/exit point to which the bid refers,
- product for which the bid is being made,
- the quantity of the capacity for the given value of auction margin for each of the bidding rounds presented by the OSP during the course of the auction.
In order to be eligible to participate in the next rounds of bidding (Rn) the bid must be made in the first round of bidding (R1).
Auction results are available immediately after the end of the auction on the GSA Platform website (Auctions/Auctions list/Past) as aggregated information. Individual data shall only be disclosed to the parties that they concern, by electronic means and without unnecessary delay.
The OSP shall make the capacity allocation in accordance with the result of such an auction.