Gas Transmission Operator GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. is a strategic company for Poland’s economy and energy security.
GAZ-SYSTEM’s key task is the transport of gas via the transmission network throughout the country to supply with gas the distribution networks and final customers connected to the transmission system.
The Company’s responsibilities include:
- Coordinated and effective operation of the network while ensuring the required gas quality and supply reliability,
- Provide gas-market participants with equal access to the transmission network,
- Maintain, repair and develop transmission facilities, with due respect to the natural environment,
- Provide each transmission, storage and distribution system operator, and the LNG system, with sufficient information to ensure transport and storage of natural gas as appropriate for safe and efficient operation of the combined systems,
- Provide the system users with the information necessary to obtain effective access to the system,
- Other responsibilities resulting from detailed regulatory provisions and from the Energy Law Act of 10 September 1997, as amended.
On 30 June 2004, the President of the Energy Regulatory Office granted a concession to GAZ-SYSTEM for the transmission and distribution of gas in the period 2004-2014, and on 23 August 2010 he extended the Company’s concession for the transmission of gas until 31 December 2030.
On 1 July 2005, the President of the Energy Regulatory Office issued a decision under which the Company obtained the status of gas transmission operator for a period of one year.
On 18 September 2006, the Extraordinary General Meeting resolved to transform the limited liability company into a joint-stock company. This allowed to designate the Company as the gas transmission operator for a longer period. The President of the Energy Regulatory Office made his decision on this matter on 18 December 2006 and designated GAZ-SYSTEM as the operator of the gas transmission network until 1 July 2014.
By his decision of 13 October 2010, the President of the Energy Regulatory Office has designated Gas Transmission Operator GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. as the national gas transmission system operator until 31 December 2030.
Company name: Gas Transmission Operator GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. (Operator Gazociągów Przesyłowych GAZ-SYSTEM Spółka Akcyjna)
Registered seat of the Company: Warszawa, ul. Mszczonowska 4
KRS number (National Court Register): 0000264771, County Court for the capital city of Warsaw, 12th Department for Commerce of the National Court Register
NIP (Tax ID): 527-243-20-41
Share capital: PLN 3, 771, 990, 842
Paid-in capital: PLN 3, 771, 990, 842
Regon (national statistical number): 015716698
Legal form: joint-stock company (100% shares belong to the State Treasury)